Monday, October 27, 2008

Holidays are HERE

Dear Friend,

 

I was sitting at the coffee shop looking out the window today, and I got to thinking, have I ever told you beautiful this life really is? It would be merely impossible to describe but I will try. Everything on this earth is so incredibly detailed, and so perfectly made. How can you look at these creations and not know there is something bigger in this world? I mean even every snowflake has it’s own unique shape and design. All the creatures in this world, each one carefully created with so much thought and detail. Think about the flowers, each one with it’s own vibrant color and unique scent. The many trees, tall and short, wide, and skinny, some with branches, some not, leaves changing colors, trees even know exactly when to let go of their leaves and when to keep them.

            Also while I was sitting there, I was thinking about dinner last night with my dad and my sister, we were talking about our “glory days”. She says that she is currently going through the glory days right now. The reason she says that these are her glory days is because she feels as if everything in this world is going her way, and she truly feels like nothing or no one could stop her from her pursuing her passions and dreams. That got me thinking, have I really truly experienced my glory days yet? I thought I had, back in high school, when my life revolved around putting on a skimpy uniform and cheering under the Friday night-lights, or in the hot and humid basketball gym. Looking back, was I really that passionate about cheerleading or did I just like the fact that we got almost the same amount of attention as the actual athletes of the team did? That was exactly it, I mean yes I did like cheerleading, and all the events that entailed that, but I don’t think I would really define those as being my “glory days”. When thinking about it more the way my sister did, I would define my glory days later on in my life, when I am actually pursing my everyday life with deep passion and joy, which will hopefully be in Africa serving in some type of ministry. I cannot wait for those days, where I will literally waking up in such poverty, but yet so joyful and wouldn’t have it any other way. I challenge you to figure out what your glory days are, and why you would define them so “glorious?”

            Right before I got up from my cozy chair snuggled in the corner of the coffee shop, the scent of the pumpkin spice latte spiked my nose hairs. This scent always reminds me of the holiday season. It is coming up so fast! I’m always fascinated that the holiday season creates so many memories, whether they are good or bad, the memories created during this time of year will stick with us for many years to come, if the not the rest of our lives. I remember last Christmas, we had just got done opening presents and I was super excited about that furry jacket that I got. I decided to put it on and was wearing it for a good hour. My sister and I were both just waiting for the dinner to be done, so we were just hanging out in the living room. She had just got a phone call from her boyfriend Richie, so I decided to sit by the fireplace and heat up (yes I know you had warned me about my furry hood). Yet again, I failed. Soon enough, five minutes later I was yelping for my dad and marnie to come help me because my fur had singed off from the intense heat of the fire. Never again will I wear any type of new clothing near a fireplace, especially right after I receive it as a gift from someone. I thought I would share that memory with you just because it was one of those memories that will probably never leave you, and every time you think about them you laugh harder than you did the first. I hope you are having a great day, and I will talk with you soon.

Love always

Me

No comments: